Saturday, July 9, 2011

Family, What's That?

The very existence and presence of my children make home a pleasure for me.  When I've come home tired, only to open the door and hear their feet running toward me and feel their warm arms encircle my legs, I've thanked God for their life.  They loved me without noticing when my outfit needs accessories, my hair needs attention, or I had a run in my stocking.  They never noticed when my face was badly in need of some fresh make-up; they just loved me the way I was.
The pleasure of belonging to a family is a treasure indeed.  Each person needs a place where he or she belongs.  That is a natural need for every human being.  You and I gravitate to a place that we can call our own, a place where we can hang our hat, where we can live in privacy.  Where I can be me!  We naturally are pulled toward a person or group of persons whom we can trust and where we are accepted as we really are.  This, then, is the joy of belonging to a family:  We can relax in a private place, whether it is a tent or a tower, a condominium, a cottage, or a castle, with people who love us as we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment