Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Enjoying Everyday Gifts

When was the last time you stood and watched the sunset?  Everyday I play behind our house with my kids.  We stay outside and watch the sky change.  I have shared with them that I think the sky looks like a painting God creates just for us.   I am hoping to I'm teach them to slow down and enjoy beauty.  I LOVE looking at the stars, the sunrise and my favorite...the sunset.  I long to share my love of these things with them.
The silhouettes of trees or buildings against the colorful sky sometimes brings me to tears. To me, it's amazing. This picture was taken with my camera on my phone, it just does not even begin to show what was really going on in the sky.   It really cannot capture what was going on with me as I stood in awe.

Every night I explain to my kids that when the day ends and the sun goes down the earth cools.  The atmosphere wants to start regulating the temperature so the breezes start.  The colors we see are from air pollution, particles and moisture.  The bright colors and the breeze that blow can all be explained scientifically, but the question that still hangs in the air...Why?  Why does this beauty happen every night and touches us so deeply to soon fade.  If we don't stop and enjoy we miss it.  When I find people who are too busy and choose to miss out on life's simple beauty, it speaks volumes to me about their priorities and personality.
Please stop and watch, feel, breathe in the beauty around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment