Monday, August 16, 2010

What Do You Do When Your Child Drops Food in a Restaurant?

Manners Matter 

What do you do when most of your child's food dropped onto the restaurant's floor? Do you leave or clean?



Yesterday at 2:15pm via Facebook for iPhone ·  ·  · Promote



  • Snooper Blooper likes this.



    • Victoria H. request the restaurant maitre de/waiter to have it cleaned
      Yesterday at 2:19pm ·  ·  1 person ·  · 


    • Snooper Blooper I offered to help clean. My son, as a baby learning to eat, flipped jello onto a lady's silk dress. I discreetly apologized and offered to pay for the dry cleaning. She was very polite and understanding...but not everyone is that nice.
      Yesterday at 2:19pm ·  ·  1 person ·  · 


    • Tandi S.  I apology to the waiter, and leave a bigger tip. If there were big pieces (crackers, french fries etc) I would pick those up discreetly (if I could do so without disturbing other diners)
      Yesterday at 2:29pm ·  ·  1 person ·  · 


    • Judy K.  Since I consider it bad manners to take a small child into a nice restaurant where the child might disturb other patrons, this never happened to me. If we were in a kid friendly restuarant and my children dropped their food, I would gather up some of those plentiful paper napkins, clean up the mess, throw it on the tray and hauled it to the trash-can. End of story.
      Yesterday at 2:32pm ·  ·  2 people ·  · 


    • Evan P. Clean it....... not busboy nor waiter's responsibility.....
      Yesterday at 2:55pm ·  ·  1 person ·  · 


    • Kelly M. I would prevent it from happening in the first place, by not taking my small child who couldn't be expected not to drop the majority of his food out to a restaurant with waiters. If it were an older child, or a grown-up, who had a sudden clumsy accident, I wouldn't insult the staff by doing their job (cleaning up inadvertent spills) for them. I would, however, thank thme and leave a larger tip in appreciation of the extra service.
      Yesterday at 2:59pm ·  ·  2 people ·  · 


    • Carrie R
      Prevent it to the greatest extent possible & discreetly clean what happens to fall. We have taken our almost five year old to a wide variety of restaurants since he was a tiny baby. Food messes were never really a problem as we watched what...See More
      Yesterday at 3:07pm ·  ·  3 people ·  · 


    • Manners Matter Nice insights. Thank you.
      Yesterday at 4:39pm ·  · 


    • Allan D.
      I've seen just about everything from people in restaurants, from children who drop an entire bowl of spaghetti under the table, or happen to get "sick" while dining; many times people choose to be oblivious to the disasters that their chil...See More
      Yesterday at 7:54pm ·  ·  1 person ·  · 


    • Manners Matter Wow, great comments!
      Yesterday at 8:05pm ·  · 


    • Katarina F. oh no....I ALWAYS clean it up...it is not only respectful to the restaurant but shows your child good manners and respect...
      12 hours ago ·  ·  1 person ·  · 

No comments:

Post a Comment